User's Hair Report
Co- created with doctors
Lifestyle & Diet Plan
Regimen to be followed to Kapha Prakriti type:
- Diet: A low quantity, easy to digest diet with more of pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes is ideal for kapha type. Food should be warm, light, and dry, prepared with hot spices. Occasional fasting or skipping of a meal is good. Avoid eating early in the morning or late at night. Cold or ice water should be avoided as well.
- Fruits: Generally most Astringent fruits are preferable. Apples, Amla, Peaches, Pomegranate, Pears, Persimmons, Raisins, Prunes.
- Vegetables: Artichoke, Beet greens, Beet, Bitter Melons, Cauliflower, Corn, Eggplant, Green beans, Horseradish, Kale, Leafy Greens, Lettuce, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Spinach, Tomatoes.
- Grains: Barley, Millet, Muesli, Sago, Rice (Basmati, wild), Wheat Bran.
- Legumes: Adzuki beans, Black beans, Lentils (red, brown, Split beans, Tur dal, white beans).
- Dairy: Buttermilk (diluted), Curd (Diluted), Skimmed milk.
Oils & Massage:A dry and strong massage is good or massage with such light oils as mustard or flaxseed (linseed) oil. For Kapha Prakriti Udvartan/ Ubtan is advised wherein rubbing of dry medicated powder on the body is mentioned.
- Yoga: Strong workouts or exercise regimen are indicated with more active asanas and stretching of the chest. Suryanamaskara is advised. Solar Pranayam, Bhastrika, and other strong deep breathing exercises are good.
- Lifestyle: Strong and aerobic exercise should be done with walking, running, and outdoor activity. Sunbathing is good with exposure to warm and dry breezes and avoidance of cold and damp environments. Avoid sleeping in the daytime.
Regimen to be followed to Pitta Prakriti type:
- Diet: Pitta types require a diet that is cool, slightly dry, and a little heavy to digest food. They usually possess a good appetite and strongest digestion. Intake of Ghee in the diet is advised in Pitta Prakriti. Tastes that decrease Pitta are sweet, bitter, and astringent. It is increased by sour, salty, and pungent. Sharp or strong tastes increase pitta, and mild or bland tastes decrease it.
Fruits: Most fruits are good for pitta as they are mainly cooling, calming, and
thirst relieving. Even sour fruit can be taken seasonally.
Amla, Apples, ripe Mangoes, sweet Oranges, Pears, Pomegranates, Plums, Avocados, Berries, Dates, Figs, Melons, Raisins, and Watermelon.
- Vegetables: In general sweet and bitter vegetables. Bitter Melon, Green Beans, Leafy Greens, Lettuce, Parsley, Peas, Pumpkin, Radish (cooked), Kale, Cauliflower, Broccoli.
- Grains: Rice – all kinds, Wheat, Wheat bran.
- Legumes: Adzuki beans, Black beans, Kidney beans, mung beans.
- Dairy: Butter (unsalted), Cow’s Milk, Ghee, Curd (freshly made, churned, in moderation).
Oils & Massage:Cooling oils such as Coconut oil or medicated oils like Chandanadi tailam are best. Fragrances like sandalwood, vetiver, lotus, rose, and jasmine are useful to mitigate Pitta and keep it in check.
- Yoga: Cooling and calming asana are indicated such as sitting or lying postures and shoulder stand. Cooling pranayam like Shitali and lunar pranayama are best.
- Lifestyle: Too much exposure to the Sun or heat should be avoided. Swimming in cold water, taking walks in moonlight, and living near water bodies are all beneficial for Pitta types.
Regimen to be followed for Vata prakriti type:
- Diet: A nutritive, strengthening diet is indicated with a predominantly sweet, sour, and salty taste. Food should be warm, heavy (to digest), and moist with frequent and regular meals. Spices should be used in cooking to regulate the digestion.
- Food: Fruits such as Dates (fresh), Fig (fresh), Pineapple, Amla, Papaya, Mangoes, Melons, Grapes, Grapefruit, Peaches, Prunes (soaked), Raisins (soaked).
- Vegetables: In general vegetables should be cooked and taken such as Beets, Cucumber, Green Beans, Garlic, Okra, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Squash.
- Grains: Rice (all kinds), Wheat.
- Legumes: Mung beans, Tur dal, Urad dal.
- Dairy: Most dairy is good. Buttermilk, Butter, and Ghee.
Oils & Massage: Oil therapy is specific for Vata Prakriti. Warm plain sesame oil
or Ayurvedic medicated oil like Mahanarayan Tailam should be applied on a
Massage For Vata should be warm, moist, mild, and relaxing, without inducing pain or discomfort.
Yoga: Calming and grounding asanas such as sitting and lying postures, as well
as backbends and inverted poses done gently.
Calm deep breathing practices are helpful, such as alternate nostril pranayama or Soham Pranayam.
Lifestyle: Make sure to always get adequate sleep, practice moderate
sunbathing and mild exercise.
Avoid exposure to wind, cold, and overworking.