Daily Head Bath Routine
Minimize Hair Fall with This Ayurvedic Shower Routine
We all have a fixed routine that makes up our daily life, and we go through it like clockwork. We don’t have to put much thought into basic everyday things like showering, brushing, eating, and sleeping. Once our routine is set, we barely do anything to change it. Unless of course, we find a good reason to.
Making small changes in your routine from time to time can be highly beneficial. Our bodies undergo many changes as we go through life. For example, when it comes to our hair, we all have bad phases where we face dullness, hair fall, or breakage. At times like these, adjusting our routines to include more healthy habits can greatly contribute to building strong and healthy hair.
If you are frustrated over struggles with hair fall and breakage, here are a few hair care practices that you should be adding to your daily routine:
- Brush your hair twice a day to prevent breakage and distribute the natural oils
- A proper diet containing nutrients that boost hair health (vitamins, protein, and iron)
- Following an Ayurvedic shower routine for healthy hair
- Regular scalp massages with Ayurvedic medicated oils
What is an Ayurvedic Shower routine?
Although you may know Ayurveda as an ancient Indian medicine system, it encompasses a lot more. Ayurveda not only prescribes appropriate medications for ailments but also offers advice on the proper lifestyle practices to follow to prevent illness before it forms.
A lot of your hair care concerns can be solved naturally through imbibing Ayurvedic practices. So keeping this in mind, we have prepared a daily shower routine for hair for you to follow.
Pre shower routine:
Showers should be taken in the morning, give your body some time to adjust after you wake up, and then go for a shower.
A self-massage using Ayurvedic medicated oils is recommended before your shower. This is a great practice to add to your routine as it prepares your body to face the day by activating your circulation, awakening your muscles, and getting your body going. You should also take some time to carry out a scalp massage with potent hair oil. This will help to stimulate your hair follicles and acts as a great stress buster as well.
In the shower, use warm water for your body and normal temperature water for washing your head and hair.
Use a natural soap to gently cleanse your skin. You can prepare a homemade body scrub (ubtan) once or twice a week to exfoliate your skin. Use beneficial ingredients such as besan, turmeric, ashwagandha powder, neem, and sandalwood in your body scrub.
When it comes to hair care, use hair products that contain ayurvedic ingredients as opposed to harsh chemical ingredients. Artificial dyes and perfumes present in most shampoos could be one of the factors behind your increased hair fall.
How often you wash your hair is also very important. People with dry or normal hair types should wash their hair only once or twice a week whereas people with oily, greasy hair can wash on alternate days.
Some potent Ayurvedic ingredients that you can look out for in your hair shampoo are:
- Amla: This vitamin C-rich fruit is excellent for hair health as it is known to control hair fall and prevent premature greying.
- Bhringharaj: The ‘king of hair’ of Ayurveda, it promotes hair growth and prevents premature greying by darkening the hair.
- Neem: It is an excellent exfoliating ingredient that can help eliminate dandruff. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties to strengthen your scalp and hair.
- Coconut: While it is widely known for its hydrating properties, coconut is also great for nourishing the scalp and for reducing protein loss in hair, ensuring it stays healthy.
Following these steps as a daily shower care routine will not only help overcome your hair fall problems but also have all-around benefits for your body. If you follow through consistently, you will see the changes it brings to your lifestyle in the form of increased energy, lesser stress, and better hair health.
- What are the benefits of Ayurvedic ingredients?
Ayurvedic ingredients are incredibly potent and provide your hair with all-natural benefits. For example, Bhringaraj helps to promote hair growth, Amla helps reverse premature greying and Brahmi has various scalp care benefits.
2. How to use Indulekha Bringha oil?Indulekha Bringha oil is clinically proven to grow new hair and reduces hair fall when used consistently in the manner prescribed. You can use its unique comb applicator to apply the oil straight to the scalp. Use at least 3 times a week for 4 months to see results.
Visit Indulekha. in to learn more about healthy hair care practices.